The Domain Backorders service does not guarantee you will acquire a domain name. When you place a backorder, we attempt to acquire the domain name for you when it becomes available for registration.
Each backorder comes with Domain Monitoring, a useful service that lets you track the domain name. It keeps you in the loop on that domain name’s expiration date and any changes to its status.
If a backordered domain name becomes available, but our service fails to acquire it, you can reassign the backorder to another domain name or request a refund from our support team. If we are not able to acquire your domain name, we notify you by email.
You can change your Domain Backorders service to a different domain name as long as the backorder remains active. Domain Backorders remain active until they capture a domain name or you manually cancel them.
If you have not yet set up a backorder, see Setting up Domain Backorders for more information.
To Change a Backorder to a Different Domain Name
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Buy/Sell menu, select Backorders and Monitoring.
- Click the domain name you want to change.
- Click Change Domain Name and enter the new domain name.
- Read the Domain Name Back Order and Monitoring Agreement, select I have read and agree … , and then click Next.
- Confirm Contact details.
- Click OK.